BATON ROUGE, LA – Attorney General Jeff Landry is urging Louisiana parents, guardians, and consumers to be aware of several child products that have been recently recalled.
“As the State’s chief legal officer, I am committed to doing all that I can to make Louisiana a safer place to raise our families,” said Attorney General Jeff Landry. “For the safety of our State’s youth – I encourage everyone to heed notice of these recalls and remedies.”
Attorney General Jeff Landry listed the following recalled products and consumer tips:
Little Lotus Baby Swaddles and Sleeping Bags by Embrace Technologies
- This recall involves the Little Lotus baby swaddles with model number 901-01 and sleeping bags with model numbers 830-03, 830-05 and 830-07.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled baby swaddles and sleeping bags and contact Little Lotus for instructions on how to receive a full refund or a store credit for a full refund, plus a $25 credit towards a new purchase.
Pacific Cycle Swivel Wheel Jogging Strollers
- This recall involves single and double occupant swivel wheel jogging strollers that have a quick release mechanism for removing and re-attaching the front wheel: Instep Safari, Instep Grand Safari, Instep Flight, Schwinn Turismo, and Schwinn Discover models.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled jogging strollers and contact Pacific Cycle to obtain a repair kit to secure the front wheel.
IKEA Safety Gates and Safety Gate Extensions
- This recall involves IKEA PATRULL, PATRULL FAST and PATRULL KLÄMMA safety gates and safety gate extensions.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the safety gates and safety gate extensions and return them to any IKEA store for a full refund.
CGSI Outdoors Children’s Water Bottles (sold exclusively at L.L.Bean)
- This recall involves five styles of kids’ 13.5 oz. insulated water bottles with the following color prints: Dino Bones, Flower Power, Orange Grid camo, Purple Tie Dye Butterfly and Robo Shark.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled water bottles and contact L.L. Bean for a full refund.
Lorex Video Baby Monitors
- This recall is due to video monitor’s batteries being able to overheat, swell and expand – causing the battery cover to open or come off.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled monitors and contact Lorex to receive a full refund.
Smocked Threads by Cecil & Lou
- This recall involves girl’s Smocked Threads by Cecil & Lou 100% cotton tunic nightgowns.
- Consumers should immediately take the recalled nightgowns away from children and return them to the firm for a full refund, including shipping, or a merchandise credit of $23.
Starbucks Stainless Steel Beverage Straws
- This recall involves reusable stainless steel Cold-to-Go food grade drinking straws in Grande and Venti sizes.
- Consumers should not allow children to handle or use the stainless steel straws.
ALEX Jr. Baby Builder, First Pops and First Snaps
- This recall is due to small parts of the plastic toy building sets being able to detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Consumers should immediately take the recalled building sets away from children and contact ALEX for a prepaid shipping envelope to return the product(s). ALEX will send consumers a full refund upon receipt of returned sets.
McDonald’s “STEP-iT” Activity Wristbands
- This recall is due to the wristbands being able to cause skin irritation or burns to children.
- Consumers should immediately take the recalled wristbands from children and return them to any McDonald’s for a free replacement toy and either a yogurt tube or bag of apple slices.
Dorel Juvenile Safety 1st Step and Go Travel Systems
- This recall is due to the stroller tray folding mechanism being able to partially disengage on one side when used with an infant car seat attached to the stroller, posing a fall hazard.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled strollers with the infant car seat and contact Safety 1st for a free repair kit.
Dazzling Toys Chicken Toys
- This recall involves the Bump and Go Action Egg Laying Chickens with lights, music and bump and go action.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled toys and contact Dazzling Toys for a full refund.
Babies ‘R’ Us Pacifier Clips
- This recall involves Babies ‘R’ Us pacifier clips sold in an assortment of six colors and character designs: red monster, blue monster, monkey, giraffe, owl with one eye closed, and an owl with both eyes open.
- Consumers should immediately take the recalled pacifier clips from babies and return the product to Babies ‘R’ Us or Toys ‘R’ Us for a refund.
Buckle Onbu Infant Carriers by Lenny Lamb
- This recall is due to the internal stitching on the infant carrier being missing, posing a fall hazard to children.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled carrier and contact Lenny Lamb to receive a full refund or a free replacement carrier.
To view pictures of these recalled items and to read more about them, please visit www.agjefflandry.com/Document/FromArticle/2317. For more information, consumers may call Attorney General Jeff Landry’s Consumer Protection Hotline at 800-351-4889.